Pole-emploi.fr: French public employment service is modernized based on the WEDIA solutions
Pôle emploi, born of the ANPE-Assedic fusion aims to make its web site pole-emploi.fr, launched January 5, 2009, the employment leader in Europe, simplifying procedures for job seekers and accompanying companies in all their recruitments. To do this, Pôle empoi has chosen the solution of WEDIA, an editor of content management and cross-media publishing solutions. After pole-emploi.fr, WEDIA solution is now shared by the corporate website emploi.org pole and the Intranets of the services.
A first modernization project of Assedic.fr web sites to validate WEDIA solution
At the end of 2007, Unedic wanted to replace its in-house content management tool and update Assedic web sites to meet better the needs of millions of users, job seekers and companies, using its services, while benefiting of latest technological and functionnal novelties.
After having studied several content management solutions, Unedic has choosen WEDIA solution for its following advantages:
- Multisite Reference platform to manage all Internet and Intranet sites to unify communications around the services and to facilitate their maintenance;
- Contribution ease of use for non-technicial employees that offers functional teams the possibility to create and manage editorial content and let all contributors publish content on sites without help of the IT department;
- Complete interfacing with functional applications (processing of registration forms, compensation management...) to facilitate the connection process between job applications and offers;
- Integration of multimedia features to diversify content and liven up sites (videos on trainings, ...);
- Highly available infrastructure and ability to support peak traffic, especially at the end of months, when job seekers log on to update their situation.
« We wanted a safe, sustainable and stable solution ahand, to unify content management on our sites and, secondly, allow our 300 in-house contributors to independently update the pages. After having implemented a prototype to test the viability of the solution in our context, we validated that WEDIA solution met our technical and functional needs » said Yves Ruellant, Head of Web Services at Unedic, in charge of Pôle emploi web projects.
Creation in less than 2 months of Pôle emploi sites thanks to WEDIA solution
Assedic.fr new sites, put online in October 2008, enabled the IT Department to capitalize on this full-scale experience to optimize the Pôle emploi project within the deadline.
« To make the service merger effective, we had to launch Pôle emploi web site on January 5, barely two months after the project began in the IT department. Therefore we relied on our experience with WEDIA solution when we rebuilt Assedic sites to facilitate these new developments » adds Yves Ruellant.
The day of its launch, pole-emploi.fr received nearly 60 000 visitors : this audience is devoted to a marked increase when ANPE.fr and Assedic.fr sites which it comes, will close (direct access is still open until late March for a period of transition)..
On January 16, in the wake of pole-emploi.fr , WEDIA and IT department teams at Unedic put online pole-emploi.org, the corporate website which explains the role and missions of the new structure and thus reinforce it.
Combined audience of both Pôle emploi sites reached a peak of 1,600 000 visitors in January, and the sharing of WEDUA tool will continue in the next weeks with the modernization of intranet services.
« We have today still many projects to realize to reach a complete fusion of services, teams, and tools of the ANPE and Assedic. For example, we will work in 2009 on the unification of logins and users accounts between the different systems. WEDIA solution also let us the possibility to put on line new services for users in the future years » concludes Yves Ruellant.