When the communications department becomes an internal press agency
Due to the rapid expansion of digital media, communications departments are constantly introducing new ways of creating and distributing content. As a result, they are turning into true press agency. A shift that requires major organizational changes, with new tasks arising around:
- planning editorial topics,
- coordinating various contributors and specialized consultants,
- reviewing and validating content prior to its distribution,
- managing and distributing this content through the distribution channels.
Without a tool, the organization of this process looks like that:
- content is created in Word;
- editorial planning is done in Excel;
- e-mail is used to share these files, without version-management or change-tracking tools, making it difficult to know which is the most up-to-date version;
- translations are managed via back-and-forth e-mail exchanges, without any overview of the progress made;
- publication is carried out on a case-by-case basis for each target media platform, according to a wide range of processes;
- all of this involves numerous actors, both internal (thematic, media, and communications managers) and external (agencies, journalists), who should not have the same degree of access to and control over the documents.
How to organise this internal press agency?
This traditional approach makes it difficult to maintain an overview of the progress being made. And to see what has been done and which channels have already been provided with content.
A Marketing Resource Management solution makes it possible to centralize editorial activity, content, and its distribution. This web-based tool, accessible to everyone at all times, centralizes everyone’s work, simplifying the organizational process and allowing editorial work to be carried out in a collaborative and transparent manner.
- The topics to be tackled are shared via a simple and jointly used interface, which gives a complete overview of everything related to each topic.
- Content (texts, photos, videos) are centralized, logged, versioned, assigned, and tracked.
- Workflows organize contributors’ work, facilitating and shortening the stages of validation.
- Distribution across all target media platforms is triggered directly by the Marketing Resource Management solution.
If you would like additional information or a presentation of a customer case study, please don’t hesitate to fill out the contact form.